Monday, March 1, 2010

When it Rains it SHOWERS!

My best girlfriends put together a PERFECT shower on Saturday. The theme? Pedicures and punch (punch meaning champagne with blueberries). There were no lame games, or obsessive baby talk. Just snacks, drinks, pedicures, and presents!
Everyone was so generous and baby boy Vaughn is so lucky to have all of these ladies in his life.

Enjoying some chatter and lovely pedicures



Instead of cards, everyone brought Baby Vaughn a book and inscribed a little message to him. The inscriptions were beyond sweet, and it was so fun to see all the different books people brought. This was a great idea!


It is a not a party without a wide variety of drinks


And cupcakes


My friends managed to outdo themselves again by creating the perfect "blue themed" atmosphere. (See that cute blue tissue paper decoration? Maureen made those via the Martha Stewart website)


For the favors, Tori just whipped together some blueberry jam. Seriously.


Meanwhile, Sarah crafted up this diaper cake. Apparently, in most diaper cakes there is a bottle of baby lotion to compliment the diapers. Luckily, Sarah is not like most and inside this beauty is a bottle of wine. Which I personally think is the perfect compliment to diapers.


When in the hell did my friends get so crafty????????

In all seriousness, thank you to all who attended. When I came home to show Ryan all our loot (and the THREE blankets people MADE for us) we were both overwhelmed with how much our little baby is already loved. We feel truly blessed that our baby will be surrounded by such great people.

A special thank you to these 3 ladies who I know worked really hard putting this all together. Words will never express which each of you mean to me and how thankful I am for having you in my life. Thanks for being my best friends and for being the greatest aunties to our babe. Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...