But I think I have found a solution! To half my problem anyway. Sargento is offering their new Ultra Thin Sliced Cheese that is not going to break your calorie bank. To put the new slices to the test, I found a recipe for quesadillas on their website. I don't know about you, but my quesadillas need to be seriously cheesy for me to get involved. I was nervous that the lower calorie count would subtract from the taste. Rest assured that this is not the case. The cheese melted perfectly and two slices were just the amount needed for a tasty snack.
Check out this recipe!
Avocado, Tomato, and Onion Quesadilla
- 4 (10 inch) wraps
- 8 slices Sargento Sliced Reduced Sodium Colby-Jack Cheese, cut in half diagonally
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, and sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Lay each wrap out on a flat cookie sheet
- On one half of each wrap, place a layer of cheese and top with avocado, tomato and onion. Top with another layer of cheese. Fold in half to create a half-moon shape.
- Place on a medium-high grill and cook until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
Don't they look so good? If you would like to try this recipe (or any of the other Ultra Thin Sliced Cheese recipes) then please leave a comment on this post. One person will win 3 free product coupons for Sargento! Winner will be chosen at random on Friday!
Now, can someone find me some calorie free wine??