Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sleep!

When I went to the doctor yesterday I expressed my concern that people were freaking me out about what position I could sleep in.

Me: "People are making me nervous that I am going to kill my baby by sleeping on my back, on my stomach, on one side rather than the other."
Doctor: "That is a bunch of crap."

The doctor assured me I could sleep in any position that felt good to me. There is a theory that laying on your back after a certain time restricts the blood flow to the baby and myself, but she clarified that there is so much blood and ways to get blood to both me and baby that it is fine.

In celebration, I slept on my stomach last night.
It was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...