Thursday, June 17, 2010

2 months

Now I really feel like time is flying. Paul is already two months old. Can you believe it?

Here are some things we've been up to:
  • Paul is in full force smile mode. It is so cute, never gets old, you could watch it all day, and I love it. The only bummer is that it is really hard to capture on camera. Here are some of our best efforts:
  • Paul also coos and laughs and "talks." It is the cutest sound in the world
  • He is getting bigger- Weighing in around 9.8 1/2 pounds. Woo. This is how big my brother was when he was born. Everyone can now feel bad for my mother.
  • He had his 2 months shots that were much harder on me than him. All the books say that babies have different cries: the hunger cry, the boredom cry, the I have a wet diaper cry, and the pain cry. I never can really tell the difference between all these until this specific doctor appointment where we definitely heard the pain cry. It only lasted a few seconds but it broke my heart. He was fine. I was traumatized.
  • He still really loves his activity mat and now talks not only to his panda but to his duck and penguin. What a social butterfly.
  • We have been going to story time at the library. It is actually during his nap time, but with all the commotion of babies around, Paul just sits and stares. Maybe we are even learning something too?
  • He loves being naked on the changing table.
  • I always feed him in the morning with just his diaper on and I think it is his favorite time of day. Too bad we have all those clothes when all he wants is a diaper.
  • He went to his first baseball game. His dad was very proud to show him off. Then he spit up his entire bottle all over my dress. The dress I wore that was suppose to say, "Look at me. I'm a mom and yet I am fashionable and stylish." Instead it said, "Look at poor me, wearing this stupid dress that now smells like disgusting spit up."
  • Paul slept for 6 1/2 hours straight last night. It was a miracle. Ironically, Ryan and I did not sleep very well because we continued to get up and check on him. We just couldn't believe he was still sleeping.
  • We love this baby a little more everyday (if that is even possible). Ryan keeps saying that 2 months is his favorite age. I have a feeling he is going to keep saying that as Paul grows older. :)

4 comments:

  1. He has the most beautiful little mouth I've ever seen on a babe. AND I hear spit up is the new black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so big and so cute and so different!! I cannot believe how grown up he looks. I need to squish him very soon. Tell him his auntie Diz loves him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he looks so different! the same, but older and different! its like he's not giving us the wonky eyed baby stare anymore, he's LOOKING at us. and SMILING! the first time paul smiled at me i cried and laughed. i want him to do it again. such a cute little baby with just about the nicest, coolest parents ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...