Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Running It Off

While I was pregnant I had the genius idea to sign up for a half marathon after the baby was born for motivation to lose the baby weight. I did not think this was such a hot idea once I had to start training. However, I made it and finished the race last weekend. Ryan and Paul came downtown to cheer me on.

Please excuse my appearance in this picture. I don't sweat pretty.

Although I am not the fastest runner, I was proud of myself for finishing 13 miles 6 months after Paul was born. When I was on mile 9 I told myself, "You are never doing this again." When I finished I thought, "Maybe I could do this one more time." Time will tell.

6 comments:

  1. One more time, One more time. I actually was just looking up possible races for us :)

    But either way...Congratulations!! you have accomplished so much in very little time and should be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is so awesome, I can't even tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im jealous of your biceps in this picture. oh, and your baby. your adorable chunky monkey baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! very impressive. scarlett will be 4 months this week and i have yet to break a sweat. but this is inspiring and motivating :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah,, excuse me you are beautiful.. and the baby.. well he is beautiful too.

    I am so impressed.. where did you come from? who are your parents/
    xoo Granny Annie, GG, Mom, Ann... identify crisis?.. maybe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...