Sunday, March 13, 2011

A simple thank you

I think my job is hard sometimes because there is no immediate feedback. I work with teenagers and they usually don't express their feelings or gratitude very well. But just the other day I received an email from a former student who now is in college and was a perfect reminder why I do this job. I printed it out so I can read it after a rough day! Here is a snip it:

Also I would like to remind you that even though we were really close when I was back in high school and I know it can be easy to forget; I really value you! I appreciate the role you played in my life when it was your season and I am humble and grateful for your support.
I hope that life is treating you so well. I hope that being a mom is everything you want it to be. And more than anything I hope you still love being a teacher and that you are still in the business of changing peoples lives. You absolutely made a difference in my life. And this is my heartfelt thank you :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, this chokes me up. So nice to know the influence of a great teacher is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you notes from students and patients are the best reminder of why our jobs actually dont suck.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...