Friday, June 8, 2012

Sargento "Thin To Win" Fitness Challenge!

I am so excited to be part of Sargento's "Thin to Win" Campaign.  They are working hard to encourage Americans to find a more relaxed, "thinned out" lifestyle this summer.  On May 4th, Sargento started a 45-day Facebook campaign that offers daily challenges to help people simplify their lives.  Check it out to find out more and win some prizes!!!



Today's Challenge: With a busy schedule, it's hard to find time to hit the gym!  For added activity during the workday, take the stairs instead of the elevator, and share how many flights you climbed!


I actually took on this challenge the week we decided to move.  Poor planning on my part, but I guess go big or stay on the couch!  We had three strong dudes helping my husband with the big stuff, but I think you ladies can empathize with the strength it takes to carefully carry each article of clothing and an entire shoe collection down the stairs of the old house and then up the stairs to the master closet of the new house.  My husband obviously made fun of me for my dedication to all the things I wear, but by the end of the day I was exhausted.

The next day we had to sign the papers to close on our new house.  As we pulled up to the building where we would finally make this house officially ours,  I glanced up to notice that the place we need to go was on the fourth floor.  FOURTH.  I am going to tell you right now, all I wanted to do was take the elevator, sign my name 100 times, and go home and take a nice long nap.  But instead, I walked up the four flights of stairs, my legs already burning from the previous days move.  We entered the room only to realize we forgot an item at the bank.  So you guessed it, we had to walk down four flights of stairs, drive to the bank, come back and walk back up four flights of stairs.  My dedication is remarkable!

I know I am writing quite a sob story about walking up stairs, but lets be honest!  Hitting the gym everyday is not always realistic.  Using something as simple as the stairs helps to get in a bit of exercise when your days become too busy.  Like anything else, creating a challenge for yourself can make an activity a bit more fun.  So I invite you today, this week, to skip the elevator at work or while running errands, and give your quadriceps a burn by taking the stairs!  I can't wait to hear how you do!

Hop on over to Sargento's facebook page and learn more!!


Disclosure: I received produces and compensation from Sargetnto Foods Inc. and The Motherhood as part of my participation in this campaign.  All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm.... i think i will take the stairs up to my unit this week instead of the elevator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...