Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Charlie Man 9 Months, 10 Months, and we Might as Well say 11

When I was at parent teacher conferences a couple of weeks ago, I had a dad sit down and chat with me.  When he found out that I only worked 3 days a week and spent the other two at home with my boys he offered me some advice.  He said to take more pictures of the 2nd child.  Apparently, he and his wife were in the midst of trying to put baby pictures together for their second child's yearbook page and were coming up short.  This was good advice because frankly I could see how this happens.  We love our Charlie so much but are not being great about documenting this love.  Hence the 3 months of progress bundled into one post.  I hope he understands.  I'll guess I'll pay for his therapy.  Anyway, here we go!

We call Charlie a lot of dumb nicknames: Fatty, Char-Char, Charlie Barley, Toot-Toot (Paul's favorite), Mooshie Baby, and other ridiculousness.



Charlie loves the bath.  He loves water.  He loves to splash.  I almost hate putting him in the bath because he gets the entire bathroom soaking wet.  By the way, what is the amount of times I am required to bathe my children?  I think I am embarrassed to admit how often they get baths.

He can say dada, hi, ba-ba (bottle), uh-oh, up, and a lot of other things we can't understand.  He sort of says Mama.  But not really.  Which is nice since I only carried him for almost an year, had him with no drugs, and fed him from my breasts.  Thanks.  It is very clear that Charlie talks much more often and with much more gusto when Paul is at school.  Weird.



He LOVES Diddy.  He climbs on Diddy, pulls Diddy's tail, pokes at his nose, and God only knows what else.  Diddy is such a good sport that we should be nicer to the old pup.  But that might be asking too much.

I wouldn't say that Charlie has much of a schedule.  He is sleeping SO MUCH better at night- there was 3 weeks or so he wanted to get up and have a bottle every.single.night.  It wasn't a great habit but when your alarm goes off at 5:15 AM and you know a bottle will be quick and he will go right back to bed, it is hard not to conform to a baby.  I had to let him cry a little bit which was heart breaking.  I did  this with Paul when he was 3 months old.  But my heart has obviously softened a bit, because I almost couldn't handle the crying.  But now that he never wakes up, it was worth this.  And I am totally aware of the fact that since I am writing this with such confidence, he will wake up tonight.  Awesome.



Ideally, he takes 2 naps a day.  I don't really know when these naps are going to be which is 100% my fault because he's always in the car or on the go with his brother.  When I have both boys I do everything in my power to get them to take their afternoon nap together.  Sometimes this is successful, and other times I want to pull my hair out.  I am in complete denial that either of my children will stop napping.

Charlie can stand up and hang out for endless amounts of time.  He can literally squat up and down in the middle of the room without holding on to anything.  It is impressive how strong his quads are.  Especially with how big his booty is!  He took a few mini steps yesterday (video coming) and is more surprised by our hooting and hollering than anything.  We will have another walker any day now.  And I am nervous.  

Charlie loves to give kisses, and laugh, and play with his brother, and speed crawl.  He loves the dog's water dish and trying to put his hand in the toilet.  He loves to unravel toilet paper and knock down anything he can reach in the pantry.  Charlie loves to silently try to pry open the basement door and give his parents a heart attack by trying to "climb" down the stairs.



Charlie is honestly the best little lover and I can't believe he is almost a year old.  It has been a busy year, some of which I can hardly remember, but I wouldn't change a thing.  He is so perfect for our little family!!!


2 comments:

  1. Charlie is such a doll baby. He looks so like his mom at this age.. well it takes your breath away. And, his brother looks so like his Dad….. so it's even Stephen. Love this post… and people can not rest knowing there has been an update on the Vaughn boys. Blessed to have this family in our life.. love them all lots ! xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. he does look so much like you! cant believe the last time i saw this little love bug he was only 3 weeks old!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...