Monday, August 18, 2014

Hola Mexico 2014


I miss you sweet ocean! 

At the end of July we were able to take a CHILD FREE vacation to an all inclusive resort in Mexico. I KNOW!!!  My requirements for the trip were a swim up bar.  Seriously, that is all I cared about. And just so you know, I frequented that bar many, many, many times.  My itinerary read as: read, eat, drink, repeat.  Well, we were very successful on all accounts.  We came home tan, a little fatter, and 100% hungover.  Oops.

The swim up bar: Where many of my troubles occurred.  

We mostly stayed on the resort but one day we did venture out for a Catamaran boat ride that included  snorkeling and the boys doing synchronized dives off the side of the boat.
Does this bikini top look like lingerie?  I think so too but then I thought, hell it's Mexico.  Anything goes. 

See that man in the middle?  We learned that he lives in Mexico and at Christmas time dresses up as Santa and gives presents to all the little kids.  Which is nice and he really did look like Santa Claus.  But ole Santa had a few drinks on the boat ride and became a little creepy.  When we were disembarking the boat, Santa fell down (apparently he just had hip surgery) on the cement.  He wanted NO ONE to help him get up and it was a strange situation.  So obviously instead of being compassionate, Ryan reenacted the scene a million times.

"My hip."

It was so nice to spend a little one-on-one time with Ry guy.  It was actually hard to appreciate the freedom of NO time restraints.  Plenty of times the first day I was reaching for my phone wondering what time it was.  Finally I had to tell myself, "it doesn't matter what time it is.  There is nothing to do." That realization was magical.

This getaway also included our friends Kathy and Ryan which was nice because the boys could do "boy" things like play ping-pong and the girls could do "girl" things like drink 32 margaritas.

You can also thank Kathy for every single one of these pictures because as usually I took none.

My Ryan continued to tell us we were WILD.  We took it as a compliment.  I don't know if he meant it as one.  

This Ryan decided to create his own signature drink.  It was served it the tiniest cup I have ever seen in my life.  

Me with a drink.  This is what I looked liked for 4 days straight.  


We had a great time and it only took me two weeks to fully recover at home.  Thank you to both set of grandparents for watching the boys.  They also had a "vacation" of a lifetime.  Mexico seems like a lifetime ago, as Ryan's alarm went off super early this morning and he hit the road for his first day of work.  Mine is tomorrow.  I will mourn at the pool with the boys today.

3 comments:

  1. i CANNOT wait to take a kid free trip with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funnnnn!!!! Awesome pics and I love the stories behind them! Also, fab bikini body! I guess those damn conscious cleanses do a body good 😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you. I love Mexico. I love swim up bars.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...