Wednesday, July 23, 2014

California Trip 2014!



Again, summer is my season.  I love the relaxed feel, the sunshine and of course the vacations!  We went to California with my family and the boys LOVED it.  The plane was really exciting (obviously), the sand tasted yummy (gross) and they were enthralled with the ocean! 

I was a little worried about the flight.  I knew Paul would be okay because he likes to watch movies and he is obsessed with planes.  I was right.  Charlie was our wildcard.  My friend gave me a leftover drink ticket which I promptly used to order a bloody mary.  Nothing can be that bad with vodka and tomato juice.  Again, I was right.



Charlie was just fine on the plane.  He bounced around from person to person and even fell asleep at the end.  We were feeling pretty proud of ourselves until we started driving through the mountains of Mendocino.  Then Charlie got carsick.  SIX times.  At one point I just sat in the back seat with a clean diaper under his mouth and told Ryan to just keep going.  We just had to get it over with.

However, once we were there is was a great vacation.  I love that little boys are thrilled to chase birds, throw rocks, and build sand castles.  The drive back was much more successful as in no one got sick and Charlie was a little more restless on the plane, but we made it out with little to no judgement from other passengers and I call that a win-win.

Thanks for my dad for taking all of these pictures.
Exploring! 
He is so blonde and so cute! 
The windup to play croquet.  In case you wanted to know what that looked like. 
Someone tries to keep up! 
Life is good! 
Sometimes all you need are rocks.  
Eating Sand.  Yum?




This is what you do to your big brother when he won't pay attention to you! 

3 comments:

  1. Gahhh, your family is so cute! Especially that little Charlie nugget.

    I'm having a bestie weekend in Napa at the end of August. I cannot wait for gorgeous California and ALL THE WINE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! A house full of boys! That's my fiance's dream! They look like a handful but they are so adorable!

    Cynthia
    www.sensiblysharp.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today, I went to the beach with my children. I found a sea shell and
    gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her
    ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic
    but I had to tell someone!

    Also visit my website: option binaire

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...