Friday, June 27, 2014

TGIF!

Sorry to tell you that during summer everyday is Friday.  But I will try not to rub that in!

Maureen and baby Vivi were here last week!  We fit 3 car seats in the back of my car and Ryan reminded us that we used to be drunk and promiscuous.  Now we have babies.  Thanks Ryan. 


The next day we had a play date with our two friends from college.  One has two boys.  The other has one.  Meaning we had 5 boys and one girl.  Vivi is a lucky lady to choose from some nice chaps.


Most play dates revolve around eating snacks.  Actually that is true whether you are 3 or 33.  

We decided to take a picture of everyone together.  This always sounds like a good idea and then is not.  This is the best shot:


And a "behind the scenes" look.  There were promises, bribery and some stern talking.   If only they could just sit on the couch and smile.


Maureen and I then packed up the troops and headed to the mountains.  Actually I only took Paul and left Charlie with Ryan back at home.  My reasoning?  Paul will watch TV.  And sometimes I like to have cocktail hour with a side of Mickey Mouse.  True story.

We had a great weekend full of mountain air.  We celebrated Diz's birthday, Paul walked a llama and then cried he couldn't take one home and we hiked.  Exciting development on the hike was that Paul decided he had to go to the bathroom.  #2 bathroom.  It was really a special moment watching my son poop in nature.  I'll cherish it always.



Tori and Will also just added a puppy to their home, Clover.  Paul loved Clover and followed her everywhere.  She tolerated it for the most part.



We walked to dinner one night and Paul did fine on the way there, but after some slices of twelve dollar kid's pizza and lemonade, he was tired on the way home.  Only Auntie MoMo would think of this solution.



Maureen and I arrived home Sunday afternoon.  We gave the kids a bath and put them to bed.  We were on the couch contemplating going to bed at 8:45 because we were exhausted.  Ryan reported that our actions proved this the lamest girl's weekend EVER.  We stayed up until 10:00 to try and prove we still have it.  We do not.

Vivian was super cute and it was a wonderful weekend with my best gals.  And no, I don't want a third baby.  In case you were wondering.

In other news, here are two great reads about mom and their swimsuits.  One is sweet and one is funny!
Also, I probably need these pants, right?

Tori sent me this and it is SO FUNNY.

Happy Friday!! xo

2 comments:

  1. Yup. You need those pants. What a great color! Can I borrow them when you're done?!

    Oh, and yeah, my girls weekends always turn out like that too. And date nights. Not because of my husband - he's ready to party all night. I'm tired and want to sleep in my own bed. Im so lame. And I wouldn't change it for anything! Sounds like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 21 tabs open.

    and i had a blast on our girls weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...