Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Learning Our Letters

On our days at home, I have decided to try and teach Paul his letters!  This has led to an explosion in my Pinterest pins of fun things to do with a toddler!  Our first attempt was making an alligator A.  Paul loves to put his hands together and tell us the alligator says, "CHOMP, CHOMP, CHOMP!"


Then we played with play-doh.  I had to remind him several times that we do not eat play-doh, nor is it something we feed the dog but overall it was a success. 

My mother of the year award grew with our science lesson, pouring vinegar into baking soda and making a "big explosion."  After that experiment he told me "science is awesome." 


The next day we worked on letter B and made a bumble bee!  He loved the painting part of the project!


And then we colored on our windows. 


This picture has nothing to do with anything, but I found it on my iphone that Paul must have taken himself.  I love his cute school boys shoes with socks and his monkey is nearby. 


Do I feel like Paul is some sort of baby genius that knows all his letters?  No.  Do I feel like preparing for theses projects takes MUCH LONGER than the actual task?  Yes.  But nonetheless, I am so grateful to have some time at home with the little man and watch him learn and grow and make explosions!

** All the letter ideas came from here! 

3 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...