Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Baby Bump- 26 Weeks!

Don't mind the wet hair. 


How far along: 26 weeks.  The network of nerves in the baby's ear is better developed and more sensitive than before.  He may now be able to hear both parent's voices.  He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid.  He's continuing to put on baby fat!  His testicles are also beginning to descend (I'm sure you are all excited about this).

How big is baby: An English hothouse cucumber- 14inches from head to heel. 
Sleep: Pretty solid!  We were in the mountains this weekend and between Paul and two dogs, I didn't have my best night sleep.  I made it up with some naps when I returned home! 

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Salad, cold apples, and yogurt are my top favorites.  Someone stole my string cheese out of the fridge at work today.  I can't seem to get over it.  Do people really steal from pregnant people?
Exercise: Still lots of yoga. In my forward folds I have to move my legs apart to make room for the growing belly, but I am still enjoying myself!
Gender: BOY!!
Movement:  Lots of movement continues!  I cannot believe that this baby is only the size of a cucumber, because it seems much bigger than that in my belly.  I am not able to not only feel punches and kicks, but actual body parts.  So far I haven't been able to decipher which body parts they are, but it is pretty cool.  At night, I love to watch my belly dance as this baby has a party.  
Worries: Having 2 boys.  My house will never be quiet or clean again.  

What I'm loving: Maternity jeans.  I finally broke them out this week, and I don't know why I was so hesitant.  They are big and comfortable and don't leave a weird zipper indentation on my stomach.  

Symptoms: Nothing much! Feeling pretty good! 

What I'm looking forward to: Colder weather (have I said that every week?)
Best moment of the week: We went to the mountains for a couple of days and Paul LOVED playing in pond water, throwing rocks, and feeding ducks.  As Ryan said, things are so much more fun when a 2 year old is in complete ecstasy! 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...