Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The New Year


I've thought a bit about New Year's resolutions and frankly don't feel excited about any of the old favorites- lose weight, drink more water, quit sugar, blah blah blah.   

Here are some things I would like to focus on in the upcoming year:

1. Think in moderation- eating, drinking, exercising.  I am more of an all or nothing kind of lady.  Maybe this year I can think a little more about balance. 

2. Live in the present.  I received an ipad for Christmas and I love it.  But I am already finding myself on Pinterest while playing with Paul.  I don't want Paul or Charlie to think back at their childhood, noting that their mother always seemed a little distracted.  I want to completely be there while playing puzzles or cars or making sandwiches in the pretend kitchen.  The moments go too fast, and I can't miss one because I am pinning home decor!

3. Read more books, read more magazines, try new restaurants, go to museums, go to places in Denver we haven't been.  We get real caught up with our routine, but as the kids grow I find it more and more necessary to do different things.  Boredom in toddlers is a recipe for disaster.  Probably for adults too.  

4. Be a better wife- go on dates nights or stay up late (gasp) and watch a movie together.  Connect, communicate, simply hang out, appreciate one another.  

5.  Be a better dresser.  Seems stupid, but I do not need to fall in the very easy of trap of wearing yoga clothes and a ponytail everyday (And yes, this is currently what I am wearing).  Put outfits together for the week so there is no standing in front of my clothes, complaining I have nothing to wear. 

6. Be a better yoga teacher- go to workshops, take more classes, think about how to connect better with those in my class, find fun music, and plan each class with an appropriate theme.

7. Be kind to myself.  Get a manicure/pedicure, massage, facial, take a yoga class, take a bubble bath, drink water, and celebrate with champagne!

8. Slow down, enjoy the moments, have more fun, appreciate the laughter, count the blessings, give good energy to the universe, and love all the boys (even the dog) in my house with all my heart. 

Welcome 2013.  I am ready for a fabulous year.  What's on your list?

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...