Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Books I Read This Summer

This summer I read 25 books.  I think that is pretty good.  I love sitting outside and reading when my kids are sleeping.  Or laying on the couch.  Or on vacation.  So pretty much anytime and anyplace. Here are some of my favorites with a link to a synopsis.  I am currently reading Sharp Edges and it is freaking me out.


Read more about this book here! 
This is the same author of A Hundred Summers if you've read that! 


Read more about this book here.  
This was a really fast read and something different.  You are rooting for the main character the whole time even if he isn't always the kindest of characters. 


Read more about this book here. 
I also read this book really fast when we were in California.  I liked it, but at some points felt uncomfortable because the main character (a mother) is addicted to pain medication.  You just can't believe some of the decisions she makes as a mom.  Drugs are bad.  

Read more about this book here. 
This book is about a family who is troubled but go on vacation with one another.  It took a bit for me to get totally involved, but I enjoyed the writing style.  

Read more about this book here. 
This book was long people.  Over 700 pages.  But my two besties Tori and Maureen read it at the same time, so I knew I had to power through.  I really did like it, it was extremely well written but this poor guy.  Nothing ever good happens to this fellow.  But seriously, it is worth it if you can commit to the length! 

Read more about this book here. 
After the Goldfinch, I needed something light and this one was perfect.  Another fast read, you can relate to the characters fast and for some reason the ending really surprised me!  

Read more about this book here. 
This is actually written by J.K. Rowling but she wrote under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith.  It took me a little while to get hooked, but then I couldn't put it down as I was trying to figure out who did it!  I am waiting for the second one on the library hold list! 

What was the best book you read this summer?
Follow me on goodreads! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...