Thursday, September 18, 2014

If you had an hour to yourself, how would you spend it...


I saw this prompt somewhere and it is actually hard.  If I were completely honest, I would probably spend it cleaning.  Isn't that the most boring thing you've ever heard?  EVER.  But if by chance my house was just cleaned by our cleaning ladies, then I would probably go to yoga.  Which is not boring but something I do almost every single day, so perhaps still not a very exciting answer.

So lets pretend I have a clean house and have already gone to yoga.  And I find myself ALONE.  In my house.  With no one.  OMG the possibilities are endless.  I would maybe walk to Starbucks and purchase a soy misto and walk quietly home sipping my coffee without 100 questions about bugs, plants, could a plane land on us, why do bees sting, etc. (I love these questions so much, but silence would be an interesting change).  Then I could sit outside on my back porch, continuing to drink my coffee while flipping through US Weekly or Real Simple or the other 800 magazines I have stock piled.  Maybe I would talk on the phone and REALLY listen to the other side  because little people are not requesting something from me.  Maybe I would take a bath because that sounds indulgent and light candles and play my ipod and have lots of bubbles.  I could write a letter to a friend so they get some snail mail for no reason except fun!  I could get a pedicure.  Ooh a pedicure.

Well, it sounds like I would have no problem filling a single hour.  What about you?  If you had an hour to yourself, how would you spend it? 

2 comments:

  1. My list is pretty similar. I'd have a hard time choosing between yoga, massage, manicure, maybe catching up on Orange is the new Black, and I'd definitely have to agree with cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Id like to think I would write the first page to the Great American Novel, or knock out the organizing of the pit of despair we call our garage.

    But let's be honest here. I would probably play Candy Crush on my phone while watching the next episode of Gossip Girl while eating the peanut butter M&Ms I hid from the kids in the back of the pantry and just now found....a year later.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...