Happy October my friends! There is definitely a shift in the weather. Colder in the morning and evenings and getting a bit darker earlier. Here are my FALL guilty pleasures!
1. Pumpkin Spice Latte. I haven't even had one of these yet, and I don't think I am one of those crazy people who DIE for anything pumpkin, but there is something comforting about this latte. And maybe because it is not available all year, it tastes better?
2. Candles- I love burning a cinnamon candle all day long. Makes the house smell so good!
3. Chili/dips/beer- Although I have a love/hate relationship with football because it is possible my husband could be depressed for DAYS after a game, there is something to sitting on the couch when it is cold outside, eating dips (yum) and drinking a beer. Go Broncos.
4. Boots. I love flip-flops, I really do. My pair from this summer are BEAT UP, but there is also something quite special about my favorite pair of boots.
5. Dark nail polish- it is fun to splurge on a manicure and pick a deep, rich color to celebrate the turn of the leaves!
6. Couch relaxing with blankets. I have a hard time sitting down and doing nothing. The TV could be on and I am reading, or cleaning, or grading, or whatever. But sometimes Ryan MAKES me do nothing, and although it is hard it is nice to lay down, snuggle with a cozy blanket and do nothing.
7. Scarves- A perfect scarves is a great pop to a fall outfit!
8. Red Wine- Hello lover. Lets be honest, I try to drink red wine ALL YEAR LONG, but it really feels right in October.
9. Honey Crisp Apples. I never knew I would get so excited about a damn apple. But I do. They are simply the best.
10. Holiday Shopping. I am slowly turning into my mother, but I love shopping early for Christmas. I actually have quite a bit done already and it is all upstairs in boxes ready to be wrapped.
What are your fall pleasures?