Monday, November 17, 2014

Weekend Recap!

Another Monday but I am off today so it is not so bad.  And I just have cute little Charlie on my hands, so I plan to do a few errands and get some more Christmas shopping off my list.  We had a full weekend with LOTS of pizza and LOTS of wine.  That is always my favorite.  

Friday we had our co-worker Kate and her family over.  Her oldest and Paul are similar in age and they loved playing with each other and getting every single toy we have ever owned out.  Obviously. Here are the crazy kids.. baby Cameron loved crawling around in our dog hair and Charlie already went to bed by this point.  A long week for the Char-Man.  

Saturday I woke up to teach the high school girls swim team some yoga.  Teaching yoga to teenage girls, most who have never done yoga, is an experience.  But a positive one.  There is lots of laughing and falling and probably cursing under their breath.  But when I got them to savasana which is just laying down on the mat with your eyes closed, not one of them moved for 2 minutes.  People need savasana.  


Then I came home and picked up the boys and met my friend Ashley at Monkey Business.  But it was a Saturday.  And it was snowing.  And we were certainly not the only people with that idea.  It was SO busy.  We lasted an hour and I didn't say one word to Ashley.  But at least we got out of the house.  I parked myself on the couch for the rest of the day because it was cold and the DVR was full. We finally pulled ourselves together and went to our friend's house for more pizza and wine.  The boys had a great time and I got some great ideas for Christmas from their toys.  Perfect. 

Sunday = yoga, grocery store, crazy people at Costco, laundry and more laundry, a little school work and forcing myself to read my book instead of cleaning 800 things.  Ryan was depressed because the Broncos lost so we drank beer while the kids watched CARS 2.  

Finally, a little laughter to make your morning better.  My mom sent this to me and it is by far my favorite parenting strategy! 

Hope you have a great Monday!!                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...