Wednesday, January 7, 2015

What I Read in December

Well I read 5 books in December and most were pretty great!  Again I would like to ask, how do I read books for a living??????????  Anyway...

1) Leaving Time.  It might be time for me to stop reading Jodi Picoult.  The books are usually entertaining, but this one was mediocre and I felt like I was forcing myself to finish.  I wish I was the type of person who could just put it down and move on if I wasn't enjoying a book.  But that is just not me.
2) Yes, Please.  So good.  Read this book and feel inspired and proud that you are a woman and that you can be funny and smart and have a good job and raise children and support other women.  She is funny and self deprecating and makes you want to be her best friend.

3) Small Victories.  I love Anne Lamott because she is real real.  Sometimes it can be depressing (like how can she know so many people with cancer) but the message is good.  Which is to breathe.  Slow down and enjoy.  And not just say that you enjoy but really soak it in.  Because despite all the misery life can bring, it is also a beautiful journey.

4) Reunion.  This was a good book especially for Winter Break.  The main character rubbed me the wrong way at times, but this was an overall quick and entertaining read.

5) Not That Kind of Girl.  I was really excited about this but I STRUGGLED.  I think it is just too much.  Maybe I am getting older, but I am not sure I need to know the intricate details of some one's sex life.  I felt like she was trying too hard and I had to make myself finish.  Ugh!

There you have it!  Any good books you have read lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...