Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Baby Bump- 38 Weeks!



Does a bigger belly make your thighs look smaller?

How far along: 38 weeks! He has a firm grasp and his organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. 

How big is baby:  Almost 6.8 pounds and over 191/2 inches long (like a leek). 

Sleep: Ryan just called me from work this morning to ask if I was okay since I moved around so much last night.  It is just getting harder to get comfortable!  But I know in just a couple of weeks I will gain the ability to fall asleep standing up, so take a little and give a little.  
Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I am over food.  Nothing sounds that good and I am excited to sit and really enjoy a meal (maybe sushi) with a huge glass of red wine!

Exercise: YOGA! When I walked I walked into class this weekend, the teacher told me that someone who just checked in told her I had my baby.  Clearly this isn't true.  Apparently the girl got me confused with someone else.  But I am glad that everyone in my world is on high alert. 

Gender: BOY!!

Movement:  Yes! 

Worries: What are we naming this child??  Ryan and I were up late last night, laying in bed trying to decide the name.  We are no closer to this big decision.  Everyone should comment and leave their favorite boy name so we can steal it.  

What I'm loving: The bottles are washed.  The kitchen is scrubbed.  The breast pump is out.  The nursery is mostly done.  This weekend we are putting up all our Christmas stuff, my favorite time of year!

Symptoms: The exhaustion is back in full force.... I have to take a nap on the couch at 6:30 every night.  Luckily Paul likes to "snuggle" with me and watch Mickey Mouse. 

What I'm looking forward to: The doctor at the end of this week and ONLY 13 DAYS.  My friend just had her baby last week, so Paul and I are going to visit in a few days.  Hopefully holding a newborn will give my baby some sort of signal to get on out! 

Best moment of the week: I caught myself a little cold this weekend and currently I am on the couch watching Gossip Girl, sipping coffee (decaf- calm down), reading magazines, and resting.  My mom took Paul to the library and is now bringing me lunch.  I find it very necessary that your mom retire if you have a toddler, are pregnant, and sick.  She is a lifesaver!

3 comments:

  1. Matt (I would name a son Mateo if I wasn't so white), Charlie, and Aiden. The fact that I can spit these names out so fast means there is no hope for my husband who insists that 2 is enough- haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick -obviously (but has conflict with Patricia/Poppy for a girl)
    Sam -Will vetoes
    Walker -Walker Hodges sounds like a tall handsome texas man - just like Will.
    Andrew - never met an Andy I didn't like.
    Owen
    Charlie
    Griffin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendra's picks: Dillon, Jack, Zachary, Noah, Preston, Matthew, and NATHAN.

    I like whatever you like.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...