Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Baby Bump- 37 Weeks!


How far along: 37 weeks!  Baby boy is now considered FULL TERM!!! His lungs are likely to be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. 

How big is baby:  Almost 6 1/3 pounds- head to heel like a stalk of Swiss chard!

Sleep: This is not going so well.  It's not that I'm just uncomfortable, I feel like I can't stay asleep.  But I know it's just par for the course. 
Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Lots of milk and cereal.  Still off the guacamole.  And of course my taste buds are getting VERY excited for a glass of wine/beer/champagne.  Or all of the above.

Exercise: YOGA! Yesterday in barre class, we all tucked our hips in honor of trying to get the baby out.  He is still in. 

Gender: BOY!!

Movement:  Yes!  I can feel body parts, but I can't always figure out what baby parts they are!

Worries:  I don't know if I am worried, perhaps apprehensive is a better word, about getting to know our new son.  I am not worried that I won't have enough love for him and all that business, but we know Paul pretty well.  I know that Paul hates when everyone looks at him at the same time.  I know that he hate group singing (happy birthday is his nemesis) and he is really crabby if you have to wake him up from a nap.  I know when he is tired, hungry, or needs to snuggle on the couch with his mom.  I know he hates getting his diaper changed and would like to stay in his pajamas most of the day.  Basically, I know what to expect with Paul, even when he is being naughty.  It seems a little daunting to get to know another person and all their little quirks.  Of course part of it is exciting, but the thought also makes me want to crawl back in bed and take a nap.

What I'm loving: Off school for a week to celebrate Thanksgiving!  We went on a library and lunch date yesterday with our friends Sarah and Delilah and we have another play date today. 

Symptoms: I feel pregnant and tired.  Blah Blah Blah. 

What I'm looking forward to: Thanksgiving, my 32nd birthday (how did that happen?) and we only have 19 days until the due date.  19 19 19 19!!!!!  

Best moment of the week: Went to the doctor last week and baby is head down!  And my doctor told me that if anyone has any stupid comments about my size, shape, etc. then I need to tell them to "SHUT UP."  Couldn't agree more.  

4 comments:

  1. cute cute cute! that bump is bumping!

    regarding concerns mentioned above.... read "Waiting for Birdy" by catherine newman

    xox mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting!! I can't wait to meet the little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can see details here on my blog :) http://happylifeinlove.blogspot.ca/2012/11/what-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...