Monday, September 15, 2014

Weekend Recap

We had a crazy weekend full of parties, celebration, FOOD, wine and laughs!  My bestie from Texas came with her sweet baby Vivi to celebrate another bestie having a baby!  Charlie and I picked up Maureen and baby Vivi Friday afternoon and headed right to Paul's school so he could join the fun. Before we knew it, we had 2 adults and 3 kids roaming the aisles of Target.  I think we did pretty well but when we were checking out we could have experienced a meltdown at any given second from any given child.  Luckily we made it out of there ALIVE and only forgot toilet paper.  

Everyone commenced at our house for snacks, wine, and analyzing!  It was really fun and I stayed up past my 8:00 pm Friday bedtime.  Proud mama.

Saturday was the baby shower and Vivian and I took lots of pictures of our awesome print outfits and smiles.  She loves her Auntie E.  She also loves Ryan.  Vivian obviously sparked the popular conversation of should we have a third baby because everyone needs a girl.  I shot down the controversy real fast.  We have two boys.  They are healthy and cute and I just don't know if I have the stamina to raise an independent, strong woman who is pretty and kind and smart.  Sorry Ryan.


After the baby shower we went over to Tori's parent's house for dinner and more wine.  I don't care how old we are but I just love Tori's parents cooking me dinner and pouring me wine.  Paul came with us and entertained Tori's dad by explaining the 74 (seriously) toys he packed in his backpack unbeknownst to me.  We also took a picture of 4 roommates who met 13 years ago in a little house by the University of Denver.  13 years ago.  That is sad and I just don't feel that old #25forlife.


Sunday we woke up, went for a walk and then sat on the couch for a concerning amount of time. We got up long enough to discuss beauty products and Maureen convinced me I needed this:


Sunday night we finally got all the kids to bed and Maureen and I were sitting on the couch drinking wine and watching Real Housewives of New Jersey (obviously).  Maureen was commenting on how ridiculous it is that all these people talk so much shit when the cameras are in front of them.  She ended her commentary by asking, "I mean are these people stupid?"  Just as she finished, we heard a little voice from behind, "Auntie MoMo said stupid."  A certain 4 year old was sitting on the stairs for who knows how long listening to us and apparently watching a little Bravo TV.  We laughed for a long time and he thought he was pretty hilarious as well!


Monday was an early alarm clock because I had to go to work!  Maureen came with so she could use my car for the day and on our way we heard FLEETWOOD MAC.  I mean, that is a sign we are all suppose to stay together forever!


A busy weekend and when I get home from work I will realize how quiet and boring my house is without all my people!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...