Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Fall Break California Style Part One

I am not sure Ryan and I travelled anywhere for fall break?  Usually we are at home doing lots of projects or a whole bunch of nothing, which is always nice and important.  But this year my mom found some really cheap tickets to Santa Barbara, CA (where her and my dad grew up and where plenty of my extended family lives) and we decided to do a very small trip over break.  We only travelled Saturday to Monday but it was so nice to get out of dodge and play at the beach with my favorite little dudes!  

Our flight didn't leave until Saturday afternoon so I went to yoga and we had plenty of time to pack, write the instructions for the dog sitter and get ready!  

Paul insisted on bringing his hat.  This is the only time he wore it. #ofcourse

We arrived just a touch early, so Ryan and I indulged in some red beer (it's healthy because it involved tomato juice, yes?) 


The kids were excited to be at the airport and were being super cute: 


Luckily the plane ride was uneventful.  Charlie fell asleep.  Paul looked out the window, played with his cars, and watched a show on the ipad.  



We arrived and were only a few minutes away from our hotel. The boys ran around like crazy people and checked everything out.  


We then had a dinner with all our aunts/uncles/cousins and grandparents that were in town.  It was crazy and loud but fun to see people we haven't seen in awhile.  I realized I had not been to Santa Barabra since Paul was 2 months old.  He is now 4 1/2.  Oops.  


All the grandkids and great grandkids that were in town!

I love how Paul is looking at Grandma Zena! 

We came back to the hotel and had some more wine with Buck and Kascie!  The kids did great in the hotel room and were PUMPED for the beach the next day!  Come back tomorrow for LOTS more pictures! 

Today for fall break adventures I am going to clean out our playroom and THROW some stuff away!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so appreciative of your comments, questions and stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...